12.09.2011

Sweep the Floor


While I'm not particularly fond of this expression when it comes to food (like pizza)...it IS a little catchier that "Raid the Cabinets" which is essentially what I did when I created this meal. We were (and still are) WAY overdue for a Calandro's trip, so we had to either get really creative in terms of food...or order out. Well, glad I did [get creative] two nights ago because the meal turned out kind of amazing - not to toot my own horn. I actually think I just got a little lucky. Either way, here's what I did:

- 2 cans of drained cannelloni beans
- ~2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of fire roasted red bell peppers
- salt/pepper

- 3 garlic cloves
- Tony's seasoning
- Fresh basil leave
- Curry powder
- Finely chopped red onion


Stir all of this over the stove for ~20 minutes on medium heat. You're not cooking any meat, so you really can't go wrong, but twenty minutes seemed to work perfectly for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment