12.07.2011

DIY - Christmas Wreath!




Greetings! Yesterday, I was asked to make a Christmas wreath for a dear friend, and before doing any research at all, I said of course! I love wreaths; not only are they beautiful (at least most of them), but also very important to society. I mean, without them, how could we possibly know what season it was when driving down the street? Christmas? Easter? Fall? Mardi Gras? Think of the chaos.

After saying yes, I did a little research on Pintrest, and discovered wreath ideas that I had never seen before. Originally, I was going to make out out of Christmas tree branches, holly, etc. However, I loved the more modern/2011 versions I saw on the website, so I decided to move in that direction. Again (and to be totally clear), I completely credit Pintrest.com and the awesome people on there who take the time to share their ideas!

So here's what I did...

- Purchased round wreath (I couldn't find styrofoam, but that would be ideal)
- Covered in strips of linen fabric to create an earthy look
- Wrapped (twice) yarn around the wreath. Any pattern would look great (stapled in the back to hold in place)
- Once complete, I made all of the yarn roses (tutorial coming soon...hopefully tomorrow!)
- Hot glued them onto the wreath
- Added the holly for a little extra kick


What do you think? I love it and (as always) want to make one for myself. However, more than that, I want to make one for YOU! If you're interested, please email us at TheMendedNest@gmail.com! Note: there are many color/yarn/fabric options available.


Price: $47 + tax

1 comment:

  1. ewwww..tacky....HaHa just kidding! Love you Matthew!! No, I've just caught up with your latest Christmas post and it was a lot of fun. And, it appears that you and Beau had a lot of fun during the holidays. Happy New Year to you both. I look forward to all your post this new year.

    ReplyDelete