This weekend, my friend, Kat (who I haven't seen in forever) and I went for an afternoon date to Hog Island Oyster Co. located right on the San Francisco Bay. We enjoyed a dozen delicious oysters paired with two glasses of Rose and a bowl of the best clam chowder I've ever had. The cool overcast skies over the bay was a perfect backdrop for our afternoon outing leading me to further conclude that I love all things San Francisco
Walking past Urban Flowers on the way to the EA Shuttle, I couldn't help but stop and take a few pictures of all the beautiful roses that were on display. Even at 8am, the shop was buzzing with (mostly gays) picking out
Posted by The Mended Nest at 9:14 AM
All in all - perfect Saturday afternoon.
So I'm seeing this funny, cute, tall guy from Michigan and last night he cooked for me...mmm...the best meal ever.
I mention he's form Michigan because that leads to conversations about cold weather which obviously lead to food (specifically warm tomato soup and grilled cheese - the perfect meal for a chilly night). Fortunately for me, SF happens to have a plethora of those said nights and last night my dreams came true. So like the awesome guy he is, he prepared (all homemade):
- Creamy tomato soup topped with:
- Sourdough croutons brushed with olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper (I think that was it?).
- Grilled cheese sandwiches complete with cripy bacon sandwiched between two layers of Gruyere
- Salad with a dressing similar to this one
Last night, SFs, Pryor, MJB, and I decided to have a night where we stayed in, prepared a home-cooked meal, relaxed, and watched some Girls (awkward writing that). We each contributed to the meal: Adam was in charge of the soup (Curry Dahl - died for it), Brandner took over the greens (brussel sprouts - lived for them), and I took care of the chicken. With so much living and dying, I'll just say it was good. Also, Matt's roommate, Russell, joined us and he contributed
- Seasoned with garlic powder, salt, pepper, fresh chopped rosemary, Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Baked with: ample rosemary, EVOO, salt, pepper
- Roasted (to perfection) for 40 minutes
- Red lentils, stewed tomatoes, garlic, chopped onions and celery, salt, chicken broth
- garnished with greek yogurt and cilantro
#2: So I'm a little annoyed with myself for not taking more pictures from the
Oh - the flowers. Kat picked these up to bring to Sarah, the host of the party, as a thank you for having her. What a great idea, right??