10.25.2011

The Wine Store

Just a few years ago, Beau's aunt and uncle, Martha and Mike opened the first and only wine boutique in Lake Charles, LA appropriately named, The Wine Store. Like most wine stores, the shop offers an assortment of wines from around the world, select beers and spirits, and miscellaneous wine accessories. However, what I really love about the store is the custom gift baskets! Created by Martha, herself, she carefully takes into consideration the occasion, preferences, and budget when assembling them making each one unique and special. However, the one common denominator is the beauty of the baskets. What a perfect Christmas present...hint hint!


Another great service The Wine Store offers is wine tasting. There are weekly tastings that are open to the public, but Martha and Mike also offer private tastings which you can do at the store or in the privacy of your own home. They'll even work with your caterer to assure the wines match the hor d'oeuvres and main dishes - perfect for the dinner party professional who needs to one up the other non-working ladies in the neighborhood!

I have to say, I love the barter system. In exchange for some design services, Martha and Mike generously gave us a case of assorted wines - 12 bottles in total. I haven't found one that I don't love, so the only problem is that they're being enjoyed a little too quickly. I'm praying that they need Beau's design services soon. I mean, really - how appropriate is it that I would have family in the wine business?

No comments:

Post a Comment