10.05.2011

Abita Beer 101

While I am an avid wine drinker, there are times when I can think of nothing better than an ice cold beer. If images of a 40oz Budweiser from the gas station complete with a paper bag and homeless man pop into your head, please think again. I'm talking quality, delicious clean, crisp beer. I'm sure any true beer pro that's reading this has about a million things to say about Abita beer (which this post is about), but I'm about keeping it simple. I'm sure you can find a better that THEY prefer like Struise Pannepot Grand Reserva from Belgium, but can you imagine the bartender's face when you ask for that?

Although I live in Baton Rogue now, I am from Covington, a quaint city about a hour east of our state's capitol. Nestled right next to Covington is a tiny little town named Abita Springs, and this is the home of one of my favorite beer companies:
Abita Brew Company. They have several seasonal beers including a Abita Bock, Red Ale, Wheat, Fall Fest and Christmas as well as a few harvest brews: Strawberry, Satsuma, and this seasons - Pecan! They're not syrupy at all, but rather have just a hint of the flavor. I'd explain but I added the link above where you can check out how it's done on their website.

There are so many other options that I love including Purple Haze, Restoration Ale, and Turbo Dog, and all of the ones I listed above are my go-to beers when I'm out drinking. Truly, I can think of few things better than hanging out with a few friends on a cool fall evening while drinking a pitcher or two of Abita's Purple Haze or Pecan Ale. Ahh....

No comments:

Post a Comment