10.17.2011

A Perfect Pairing

Peanut butter and jelly, eggs and bacon, cats and mice, Monica Lewinsky and sex scandals. There are so many examples in life where something, without the other, just isn't the same. Peanut butter, for example, is something that Beau and I love, but when you combine it with jelly and spread over plain white bread, it takes it to another level. This same theory is true for possibly one of the most sinful pairings of all time: hot coffee and warm, glazed donuts.



Saturday morning, we all woke up to Mr. Bob getting back from picking up (per Isabel's, (Beau's niece) request) soft, warm, ultra-fresh glazed donuts...along with a few chocolate and donut holes! I feel like it's a little offensive to say I was in Heaven, but let's be honest. I was more excited about this than Christmas morning. To make it more of a dream come true, we got to enjoy it with Rose's (Beau's mom) famous coffee. I can't tell you the recipe, but take my word for it when I say I've had no coffee better in my life. All I know is there's something vanilla, some perfect creamer/sugar combination, and it's topped off with a dollop of whipped cream. When the donut is dipped in the coffee, there is NO better pairing I'd rather be a part of. And now I'm hungry...



We were in Lake Charles this whole weekend celebrating Beau's cousin's wedding, so there will be a few posts this week related to Lake Charles food, family, and fun. Hope you keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment