10.12.2011

Red Beans and Pumpkins

After using them as table decode for a few months now, I've decided to retire the split peas and introduce red beans in their place. For whatever reason, a few people have commented, telling me that I didn't make this (and some other ideas) up. So, I thought it went without saying, but let me be the first to testify that this isn't my own invention. HOWEVER, I do love the idea for a few reasons. Placed next to a few small pumpkins on my dining room table, it reminds me of fall, yummy dinners by the fire place (if we had one), changing leaves, and Thanksgiving. I like to keep it simple with just the red beans, but you can make it your own by adding, mixing, or layering any other kind of dried bean that has the color palate you're looking for. Also, switch up the vase/container you're using. It can go from plain to more elegant just by using different shapes. Try it out! Besides, who doesn't love cheap, cheap decor? 

No comments:

Post a Comment