10.24.2011

Brothers & Sisters Lights

Finally, after years of wanting them...and procrastinating, Beau and I finally purchased Brothers & Sisters string lights for our back porch! At our old house, we had a front porch, but we rarely took advantage of it - probably because it's usually too hot outside (unless you don't mind sweating). Well, our new house does not have a front porch and (go figure) I really wish I had one. Luckily, we do have a cute little side porch, but until recently, we did nothing with it. There was no seating and the dogs did a fine job of keeping it dirty. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Hello Sushi crew generously bought a super fancy grill for me as a parting gift when I submitted my resignation. Well, the grill is actually what sparked our quest to revamp our porch this weekend (turning from a boring walkway to the back yard into a picturesque, quaint seating area - perfect for entertaining and...drinking wine).

So far, we've only assembled the grill, hung the lights, and placed a few chairs out there, but it's made such a huge difference. A few nights ago, we had a few friends over, and it was SO nice. We have many, many more ideas in mind for our little side porch, but as always, you'll just have to keep reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment