7.11.2011

Our Lake Chuck Weekend

This weekend, Beau and I finished our chores super early, and we headed off to Lake Charles to attend a "honey do" shower for Beau's cousin, Katherine and her fiance, Jimmy. After stopping by the Holland's (Beau's mom and step-dad's) in the Graywood neighborhood to freshen up and change into some pastels, ginham, and plaid, we met up with the Moss' (Beau's dad and step-mom) for a quick drink and some much-needed catching up. Soon after, the four of us piled into the car and left for Big Lake where the shower was held. The invitation said that the party (a fish fry) was going to be held at a family friends' camp, so I had an idea of what to expect...or so I thought. Needless to say, the party and the "camp" were both beyond beautiful. The camp's view of the lake at sunset made an exquisite backdrop for this elegant gathering which seemed to be torn (literally) right out of the pages of Southern Living magazine. Or Pottery Barn. Or Heaven.



We were bad and took no food pictures (I know - so unlike us), but trust me, everything was to die for. Lightly battered and fried catfish, white truffle fries, cole slaw, and sweet potato biscuits. Seriously? White truffle ANYTHING and I'm hooked. It was camp-cuisine in its most elegant form. All courtesy of the camp owners' oldest daughter's catering company - Whisk and Ladle. Delicious. Period. Hire them for everything.




After a quick night cap back at the Moss' where we shared stories and laughed it up, we headed back to the Holland's to call it quits for the night.

7:30 - We're up, grabbing coffee, and heading out the door en route to the grocery store. We needed 
to pick up a few things for the early steak lunch that we (happily) stayed for. As if that wasn't enough, after lunch I...I mean we nearly finished off an entire homemade lemon icebox pie as we sat and watched the U.S. Women's soccer team beat Brazil in a shootout in the quarter finals of the Women's World Cup. To top it off, Beau even drove home so I could nap...the entire two hour drive. What a treat!

3 comments:

  1. Who is in charge of photography? The pictures on the blog are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! we both do, but I think I (Matthew) took the majority of these

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live in that house!

    ReplyDelete