9.22.2011

DIY - Towel Shelf


Since moving into our house, we've realized that space is a little bit of an issue. Not a big one - for the most part we're alright, but every once in a while, we find ourselves without a place to store something. As you know, we recently bought a set of towels from Pottery Barn, and we don't want to store them under the sinks because we don't want them to end up like our old towels: with that cabinet smell...you know what I mean?



I wish I could take even a little bit of credit for this, but it is all Beau. He came up with the idea of keeping the towels exposed on a DIY shelf where an old towel bar was before. Similar to the theme with the chalkboard we made for our kitchen, he wanted to keep it looking industrial by using steel piping and connectors (vs. using an L bracket or something similar) to hold the shelf up. For the shelf itself, Beau just got someone to cut a piece of wood from Lowe's and then he stained it an ebony color. Finally, he sealed the wood with polyurethane. It looks amazing and I am completely thrilled. One thing I love is that it's located close enough to the shower so that if I forget to grab a towel before I get in the shower, I don't have to walk around cold and wet to get one! Ahh the little things...



I hope you like this idea and try it out yourself! Take a look around at Lowe's or any other hardware store. There are so many interesting little things you can pick up and re-purpose for your home. Email us some pictures at themendednest@gmail.com- we'd love to see what y'all come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment