Jeri's Corner! (It's been a while)
Every year, Jeri (my mom for those who are unaware) makes these olives and gives them out as little gifts to a few of her friends to enjoy with cheeses...or in a martini. It's fairly quick and easy to make and who doesn't appreciate homemade gifts (other than some spoiled little brat probably named Chloe or Connor #nooffense).They're so effing good, I cannot even begin to explain. They're great for any occasion, though - not just holidays. For example, try making them for an office party or birthday gathering. DISCLAIMER: they leave your breath less than desirable.
So here's what you do:
1. Drain one jar of olives (keep the juice)
2. In a separate (cuter) container, layer the following:
- 1 10-ounce jar large green pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 4 fresh oregano sprigs
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice 2 whole lemons (slice third and add to container)
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add as much of the original olive juice that you can fit in the jar
3. Let this marinate over night and ENJOY the next day!