12.03.2012

I live in LA






Until I can find something permanent in the city (SF), I'm staying with some family friends down in the Los Altos/Mountain View area (where Google is). My 70ish year old roommates (as I refer to them), Joan and Ernie are quite possible the nicest people I've ever met and I kind of love them. Since the weather's been so bad and because my main mode of transportation is a bike, I was a little limited in terms of things-to-do so I decided this would be a perfect time for a little roommate bonding time! It's also why sometimes I get dropped off and picked up from the Caltrain station #amIin10thgrade?

We did all sorts of fun things this weekend: we went to the library, we walked downtown Los Altos, and we went to a coffee shop. Please don't think for one second that I didn't love it. No offense, but who doesn't want roommates that cook delicious home-cooked meals every night? Like...EVERY night.

I really did enjoy my time at Peet's in downtown LA (Los Altos). I got to sit, RELAX, and enjoy a lazy rainy afternoon over two lattes and Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns). Seriously - best book ever. I've never laughed so hard (or cried from laughing so hard) from a book.

On top of all of this, I got a chance to catch up with some of my best friends. Facetiming with Ryan, gossiping with Michael (something that was LONG overdue - omg the stories) and conference calling with Johnny and Patrick (even though it made me forget my helmet on the train so now I ride illegally) really made me miss home. Life is great here, and I'm really enjoying my time with my roommates, but you know how it goes. It's hard to not look back sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment