12.02.2012

Mended Furniture - Serpentine Dresser (Re-Post)








I've have a ton of traffic from Pinterest on this post so I thought I'd go ahead and re-post it. Enjoy!

I say this every time I finish a piece of furniture for someone, but I think this is my favorite one yet! As a reminder, through the Mended Nest, I sell furniture that I find and repaint OR I repaint other's furniture. In this case, this is a client's dresser who trusted me enough to let me go crazy and do whatever I wanted. Obviously, it's not too off-the-wall, but still young, fun, and classic.

It took a lot a work, but it was totally worth the effort. I started by painting the whole dresser in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey and the drawers (and the sides of the dresser) in Provence. I also added a border of Provence on the top of the dresser. After applying a few coats, I went over the whole thing with a mixture of French Linen and water, wiping the excess with an old shirt as I went. This allowed the original color to bleed through with a washed/cloudy effect. After it dried, I distressed it a little and applied both clear and dark waxes to seal the paint. Again, I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome; I hope my client feels the same way!

If you're interested in getting a quote for your furniture, email us at TheMendedNest@gmail.com!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post! I've got some pieces I'm picking up tomorrow I will try this on.

    ReplyDelete