1.09.2012

Mended Furniture - Office Table(s)


Happy Monday...if such a thing exists. I am exhausted this morning - probably from staying up so late watching Dance Moms on Lifetime...aka my newest guilty pleasure. Those women are completely out of their minds and I absolutely love it. Not the point of today's post, though. For our new office, I decided to take some plain wooden end tables/filing cabinets they we've had forever (from Target) and give them a little face lift. 

I started by applying a mixture of Annie Sloan's Old White, Paris Grey, and Provence. You can see two pictures above, it left the tables very streaky and uneven which is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted the top coat to have a little dimension and contrasting undertones. Speaking of the top coat, I created a custom green (which is actually a little more lime/avocado than the picture portrays) using Annie Sloan's Arles and Duck Egg Blue. Once dry, I used a new technique I've been testing out. I applied a mixture of dark wax and mineral spirits, wiping the excess as I go. Lastly, I added both glass and ceramic knobs to freshen it up.The finished product is phenomenal.

For the office, instead of using them as end tables, we pushed them together to create a low, simple table to use as a printer station and filing cabinet. A pinboard is also on top of the table for now, although we'd eventually like to hang it on the wall. Maybe with all of our free time...

No comments:

Post a Comment