8.20.2012

Rain in the Quarter

It seems these New Orleans posts are becoming more and more regular. This time was much more low key than other trips, though. After heading home to Covington on Saturday for some grilled (yes grilled) pizzas, I drove down to the South Shore to spend time with friends. Since there was no special occasion, it made my time there nice and relaxing.

The next morning/early afternoon after going out, my friend, Frank and I drove down to the Quarter for lunch at Stanley's (after trying a few other places that were PACKED). I love the French Quarter in the morning - especially when it's raining. It really is a beautiful part of the city, and it was so nice to get out and walk around despite getting a little wet. Not surprisingly, the restaurant was deeelish. (Try it if you haven't been! I got the Pepperoni Pizza Caesar Salad Poor Boy – French Bread Pizza with Pepperoni, Provolone and Mozzarella Cheeses, Basil Pesto, Romaine Lettuce And House Made Spicy Chipotle Caesar Dressing. OMG) After that and a Bloody Mary (clearly), I took a quick nap then headed back to good ole BR. Good to be home...even if the word "home" is a bit ambiguous right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment