6.21.2012

FatCow Burgers






Well, I had another post planned for today, but I accidentally deleted it after reverse happy hour last night.

FatCow. I'm really not sure how to begin a post that involves one of my favorite things in all of Baton Rouge. This is a new burger place located on Highland near the LSU Ave. intersection (next to Drunken Fish), and their food is nothing less than...well...perfection. Their burgers like the 120 or the Napa are my favorites, and since you can sub the meat for salmon, chicken, or portabello mushrooms, nothing ever seems to get old. And don't even get me started on their duck fat and parmesan fries. Even their salads are great if you're looking for a healthier option.

I've never had anything I didn't love here, and I could not recommend it enough. Now is a great time to check it out, too! They have a shady outside seating area with fans and misters, and after you eat your burger and fries, you can continue to enjoy the patio with one of their DE-licious shakes.

Here are a few of my favorites from the menu:

FUJI APPLE SALAD · $7.99
- Spring mix, sliced Fuji apples, shaved Parmesan cheese, apple smoked bacon, and toasted walnuts with roasted onion balsamic vinaigrette.

THE 120 BURGER · PETITE–$7.75 REGULAR–$8.75
- A toasted bun with a hand ground angus burger topped with Benton’s apple smoked bacon, Gruyere cheese, caramelized onion, fresh arugula, sliced tomato and horseradish mayonnaise

NAPA BURGER · PETITE–$7.75 REGULAR–$8.75
- Sliced Pear, red onion marmalade, goat cheese and fresh arugula

THE SICILIAN BURGER · PETITE–$7.75 REGULAR–$8.75
- Piled high with fresh basil, tomatoes and sliced mozzarella then lightly broiled and finished with balsamic vinegar.

SMOKE STACK BURGER · PETITE–$7.75 REGULAR–&8.75
- Smoked Cheddar cheese, Benton’s apple smoked bacon, fried onion straws, lettuce and tomato, drizzled with sweet and tangy BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment