11.08.2011

DIY - Mini Dresser (Mended Furniture)




Finally, I was approached about refinishing a piece of furniture! Jessica, one of Beau's coworkers, found a beautiful vintage mini dresser at an estate sale in need of a little TLC. As we were chatting at an engagement party, I convinced her to let me take on the project. I gave her the choice of any color within the Annie Sloan collection, but liking another table I finished in Duck Egg Blue, she decided on that color. (Good choice if you ask me!)

I am happy to say that the mini dresser can out beautifully! I used a lot of the dark wax and manually distressed it a little more than usual trying to really give that vintage/antique vibe. I also took the opportunity to replace the knobs with some that were a little more interesting and that better matched the finished product. I know Jessica liked the finished product. We hope you do, too!

Remember, as well as custom invitations, Beau and I also refinish, upholster, and repaint furniture. Also, we have a few pieces for sale. If you're interested in a quote, please email us at themendednest@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment