The following is what we think are useful tips that can help get you ready for your next trip. Some are a pain, but definitely worth it...
1. (And always first) Make a list. It's nice to visualize your progress as so get things done.
2. Have all of your clothes washed - you'll have everything clean that you want to bring. Plus - whatever you don't bring will be clean and put away when you get back. (then pack)
3. Clean the house. There's nothing better than arriving home after a long trip to a spotless house.
4. Leave a key with someone for emergencies
5. Tell your bank you're traveling - nothing like a card you can't use on a trip b/c of fraud protection.
6. Over pack - obvious reasons. I REFUSE to be out of town without something b/c i wasn't sure if I was going to wear/use it.
7. Get all your medicines/toiletries ready the night before.
8. Get rid of perishable foods/take the trash out
9. Turn the air up before you go (up for us is warmer)There's no use in wasting energy on a cool house if no one is there to enjoy it.
10. CELL PHONE CHARGER
11. Close the blinds/pull the curtains
12. Leave the porch lights on
13. Water the plants
14. Turn lights out - leaving on only a lamp of two
15. Have a great trip!
Hope this helps! Are you in the mood for a vacation now?