11.14.2012

St. John's Wood




This is the name of the ultra bougie neighborhood where I spent a lot of time over the trip. I did a little research on the town located in the NW corner of London and discovered it is or has been home to some pretty exciting people: Sir Richard Branson, Paul McCartney, Ewen McGregor, and Kate Moss. Oh - and Abbey Road Studios! Ryan, who is from the UK owns a gorgeous flat (I guess flat would be the correct term?) here so over the course of our trip it was our home base.

I'm focusing so much on this because yesterday I mentioned that my trip was super relaxing. This neighborhood had a large part in that. The quiet streets allowed me to sleep in as late as I wanted (and there's nothing nicer than waking up to sunlight from a huge bay window vs. Katy Perry's "Wide Awake" (yes, it was my ring tone). Then, before my day began, I would bundle up and wander the beautiful streets of St. John's Wood in search of a perfect latte and a warm croissant to pair with it. After a hot shower, our day would begin and we would take the tube into central London. Then - the crazy fun began. See tomorrow's post...

PS - some of the pictures are from the inside of Ryan's home - which was basically exactly my style. Simple. White. Chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment