2.16.2012

Mended Furniture - Jeri's Dresser









I love these before and after photos - there's such a huge difference between the two! This is actually one of Jeri's pieces that was sitting in the TV room at my parents house. The dresser was pretty before, she wanted to kick some new life into it and move it to the living room.

Since she already has a lot of whites and other light colors in that room, I wanted to keep this piece consistent and not do something too over the top that would draw too much attention to it. As usual, I wanted it to be subtle yet special.

For the body of the dresser (except for the side panels) I went with one of my favorite colors: Annie Sloan's Country Grey. It's so soft and elegant and responds SO WELL to the waxes. For the side panels and the drawers, I used a color that I've never used before (and happens to be my favorite from the Annie Sloan collection IF I had to choose)...Versailles (ver - sigh)! It's a beautiful green that responds especially well to the Country Grey. They're similar, but offer just enough contrast to where it's not too obviou
s.

Remember, if you have a piece of furniture that you'd like to get a quote on for us to refinish, send us an email! TheMendedNest@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Style Spa has more than 100 exclusive furniture showrooms in Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore and across 65 cities in India. www.elevate.in

    ReplyDelete