Low-cal Rosemary/Bean Soup
Well. We've been running and working out and we're FINALLY starting to see some progress. There's no secret to losing weight. Diet and exercise. The trick is that you have to actually diet and you actually exercise. Exercise doesn't mean going on a one mile walk twice a week. Sweat a little! Dieting is actually the easy part. Just don't starve yourself. It's the worth thing you could possibly do because all that's going to happen is you're going to binge at the end of the day. There's nothing wrong with staying full and content...as long as it's the right foods.
Here's an excellent example of a super healthy dinner that's low-cal but still tastes great and (best of all) it will fill you up!
1. Baked chicken: Throw some seasoning on there! Who wants bland, boring chicken?
2. Salad: Go nuts. Eat as much as you want BUT watch your dressing. Look at the back of bottles and be smart. A creamy dressing PROBABLY isn't too great for you. What I recommend: 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
3. Soup: Read below for this great recipe I made up. Notice this isn't a cream based soup!
- one can Great Northern Beans
- ~3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- one can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- dash of Tony's seasoning
- dash of cumin
- dash of red curry powder
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
Cook on stove (medium heat) for about 20 minutes