6.24.2011

Wine About It!

What do you say we discuss wine? I'm thinking it's the warmer Louisiana weather (aka 97 degrees...at night), but I've had a major craving for white wines. I have some favorites like La Crema's Chardonnay or Nappa Cellars' Chardonnay, but I want to dedicate this post to more reasonably priced white wines to accommodate the avid drinker...on a budget.

I should mention now that I absolutely despise don't care for sweet white wines like Rieslings or flavored/sparkling wines. Or anything in a box. Or jug. Even Pinot Grigios are a little sweet for me, although I'd never turn down a glass. Either way, I tend to stick to Chardonnays and Sauvignon Blancs. If you're like us and go through more than two, but usually less than ten bottles of wine a week, I think you'll be able to get something out of this post.

What I recommend is Woodbridge's Chardonnay, Lightly Oaked Chardonnay, and Sauvignon Blanc. They are surprisingly smoothe and crisp, and go well with so many dishes. There are cheaper wines in this price point like Yellowtail or Sutter Home, but don't be fooled! They are not as good and will give you the most insane headache the next morning! Please don't try to save an extra dollar when you're already spending so little in the first place. The other's may be a little cheaper, but you'll pay for it in other ways the next morning. My ONLY problem with this wine is that it does't come with a traditional cork which I collect to reuse later to make DIY gifts and decor (I'll explain later). Instead, it has that new synthetic corks. Hate 'em.


Note: I suggest serving these with lighter foods like poultry, fish, seafood, or cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment