4.17.2012

Jeri's Corner - Orchid






Hello!! OMG I cannot tell you how amazing it feels to be back in BR (...and I never thought I'd be saying that!) I missed Beau, Duke, and Cooper SO MUCH!

Let's get right back into the swing of things with a Jeri's Corner post! Before I left for San Fran, I spent Easter in Covington with my parents and brothers. While I was there, I snapped a few pics for future JC posts - which is hilarious because she always complains that I can't just enjoy a visit; I always have to "work"!

Orchids are slowly becoming my mom's "thing". (Better than cats, right? Her house has a TON of natural light, so orchids so really well there. Consequently, they're in almost every room. In particular, I wanted to share the first two pictures with the white orchid.

I thought this was such a good idea; she used an antique bowl (for lack of a better and probably more appropriate term) as a holder for the orchid. Even though it's already a classy flower, it dresses it up so much and looks so much better than using a clay pot or what it comes in from the store. This was gifted to her by one of her good friends, Elinor, and I thought it was such a better use for it rather than simple displaying it. Then add the fact that it's monogrammed...LOVE IT!

Side note - there's a specific candle holder that works just as well. Tall you about it later :)

2 comments:

  1. I got an orchid for my house... and it ended up dying. I have no idea why. I watered it like the instructions said... So I went and bought a fake one. HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! just keep buying them!
    The key - LOTS of natural light. Better pull those DIY curtains back!

    ReplyDelete