5.08.2012

Shrimp Étouffée




Wow...it feels like forever since I've posted about food; I've kind of missed it. A lot of the reason is because I haven't had time to make anything worth blogging about. It seems like all we've been eating recently is chicken and salad...and there's only so many variations of that receipt that I can show you guys. It's one of our ways to attempt to get beach ready for the summer. Well, that AND the fact that Beau has now started to work out every single morning AND go running in the afternoon. #getalife.

I'm sure it's no surprise to you that having Shrimp Étouffée for dinner was totally out of the norm and totally delicious. As he promised over the weekend, our friend, Cody came over and prepared this meal for us - what a treat! (Especially since I didn't have to cook at all.) I've had a million variations of this meal, and I have to say, I was QUITE impressed with Cody's. What I really loved about his was that it was subtly spicy. You know what I mean? The spice wasn't overbearing, but you could definitely feel it between bites. Thanks, Cody!

I don't have his specific recipe, so see here for a general Shrimp Étouffée recipe I found online.

1 comment: