9.19.2012

MSY ---> JFK



It's bizarre to write this or say it out loud, but I'm moving to New York City. I'M MOVING TO NEW YORK CITY!

Recently, I submitted my resignation with my job at PRO Unlimited after I was offered an excellent position at a local interior design firm here, in Baton Rouge. It was the strangest thing, but when I removed the safety net of my career, I felt like this major weight had been lifted off my shoulders. It let me make the decision of my dreams and I couldn't be more terrified excited. So I have two weeks left here, then I'm off!

Until I get on my feet, I'm lucky enough to stay with two friends in their fabulous apartment in TriBeCa. After that, I'm sure I'll be living in a box (literally) in Brooklyn if I'm lucky (Jersey City if I'm not)... but we'll cross that bridge when I get there. For now, I've never been so excited for anything in my like, and while I'll miss my sissies, besties, friends, and family...I know that this is the right decision for me at this moment in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Matt, way to go friend! Cheers, Mark

    ReplyDelete