Ryde or Die
Roughly 15 of my SF friends and I drove over to the Easy Bay to Ryde, CA for a "glamping" weekend. I say glamping rather than camping because we stayed in a country estate rather than tent, ate top quality, homemade meals rather than pork'n'bean out of the can, and had like 13 toilets to choose from rather than...I don't know. Like...a bush? It was absolutely insanity from the second we arrived. Spirits were high, tank tops were in abundance, and the liquor (especially Fireball?) was was flowing. Mornings usually started with a shot of Bullet bourbon accompanied by scrambled eggs, homemade hashbrowns, sausage and bacon. That let into total jock life realness activities including full team volleyball, throwing the football, kicking the soccer ball,...rage cage and survivor flip cup. In all honestly, it looked like we were filming an episode of Fratpad.
Basically, is was my favorite weekend thus far in San Francisco. I had a chance to meet and bond with some absolutely incredible guys and build relationships that I otherwise would not have had the chance to. #rydeordie!
Things that happened:
- Sat on the curb drinking slurpies we mixed with alcohol
- Changed into tanks and jean shorts (SF gay rummer uniform) in a gas station parking lot - got some looks
- Jump danced in lawn (4 am) while Vogueing with two speaker balls
- Jump danced in the house
- Man, I feel like a Woman!
- I came in like a wrecking ball. Literally. (don't ask)
- Piano and acapella sing along sessions
- Bonfires and s'mores (yassss)
- Late night pond swimming/kicks to the face
- Multiple trips for more alcohol (you should have seen what we started with, too)
- Apple pie from scratch WITH ice cream (I had 3 servings)
Posted by The Mended Nest at 7:56 AM