7.11.2013

Angel Island





A few weekends ago, some friends and I took a ferry past the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz (first picture) over to Angel Island to enjoy a day of warm sun, good food, flag football, good times with friends, and relaxation. "I really just need to get out of the city this weekend" is a phrase just as common in San Francisco as it is it Manhattan. Sometimes you just need a break from the hustle and bustle and the best way to do that...is to just leave. SF is perfect because depending on the direction you're traveling, in just a short time you can be in wine country or in the mountains or at the beach. Perfection.

This trip was something else. For starters, friends, Sarah, Matt, Korey, and I almost missed the ferry (there was running involved circa Home Alone Airport scene) because our Uber (like a fancy cab) driver simply would not hurry...until Nicole Sscherzinger's Jai Ho came on. Literally. Then while we were there, these Asian girls (which honestly I'm not even positive they were a part of our group) started posing with me and taking pictures while I was sleeping. I'm 90% positive they didn't speak English and didn't seem to know anyone. But like...they were laying next to me and giving peace signs while the other would take pictures. Da fuq?

Long story short, I am (once again) reminding you of how perfect SF is. Like I had to grab a slightly warmer jacket when I left this morning because it was pretty chilly. It's July. JULY. I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment