5.27.2013

Memorial Day





I love this day.

With summer basically here, Memorial Day always puts pep in my step, as I begin shedding my winter clothes and pull out the pastels, shorts, and other summer necessities. It's like the start of all things sexy and free. It was a little gloomy this year in San Francisco, but we made the most of it as friends gathered for patio dining at it's finest. Thanks to Matt and Jordan for their delicious burgers topped with a fried egg, balsamic glaze, and arugula which was served with rosemary potatoes and my black bean salsa. That coupled with a few bottles of white wine and Stella, and a few hours of games, I couldn't have asked for a better afternoon.

Black Bean Salsa:
2 cans black beans (strained)
2 cans corn (strained)
1 red bell pepper
2 cloves of fresh garlic
ample cilantro
4 limes squeezed
drizzle of olive oil
salt
pepper
cumin


No comments:

Post a Comment