1.09.2014

Wedding According to New Orleans



Over the Christmas break, I was the date of the maid of honor for my friend, Mary Grace's wedding in New Orleans. Umm...she nailed it. The church, reception, dress, bridesmaid's dresses (gold sequin - YAS), on and on were all PERFECT.

The wedding was at Immaculate Conception (across from the Roosevelt) so obviously I had a cocktail and saw the lobby of the gorgeous hotel decorated for Christmas before walking into the church. After the ceremony, we party-bussed over to the reception at The Omni Royal Hotel in the French Quarter where we drank and ate and drank and danced and drank all night. I love weddings in general, but this one was really great. She did an amazing job - and of course none of us were surprised.

The next morning, I struggled to get up, walk around the quarter enjoying it for it's beauty and uniqueness, had a bloody mary, and headed back to the Northshore for the rest of my vacation. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment