12.05.2013

DIY - Picture Collage




OMG. THIS.

I have been on a DIY roll lately, but to be honest I'm not surprised at all. It's been over a year since I've owned my house and I've been waiting all this time until I found an apartment that I loved to execute the projects that have been building up. I love the space I'm in now: dark original wood floors, light gray trim and molding, and 12 ft high white walls. I love this clean, elegant look so as I move forward decorating my room, I'm using primarily light colors, simple silhouettes, and lots of white space.

Above my bed, I wanted to do something a little different (and something I had seen on Apartment Therapy when the did a tour of my friend, Allie's home.  However, since I don't have a ton of pictures and polaroids lying around, I used Printstagram to print some of my favorite Instagram photos. Literally they are amazing. (Instagram handle: @matthewcara) I've used them several times before for various projects/gifts and I HIGHLY recommend you check them out.

This is what I did:

1) nailed a thin strip of metal into my wall above my bed which is what your magnets will attach to (you can also use cork board and wooden push pins for this part)

2) arrange your pictured sporadically using small magnets (I used these) as you go to keep them I'm place. Adjust and arrange to get a "controlled chaos" look

3) there is no step 3. It's that simple

No comments:

Post a Comment