1.04.2012

OBSESSED: Garlic and Lemon Olives







Jeri's Corner! Okay - so I know Christmas is over, but I took these pictures over the holiday break, and I didn't have a chance to write about it until now. Every year, Jeri makes these olives and gives them out as little gifts to a few of her friends to enjoy with yummy cheeses...or in a martini. They're so effing good, I cannot even begin to explain. I cannot recommend these enough!!

They're great for any occasion, though - not just holidays. For example, try making them for an office party, birthday gathering, or your next girls/guys night out. The other night, I brought them as a little thank-you for the host of the New Year's eve party I attended.

So here's what you do:

1. Drain one jar of olives (keep the juice)
2. In a separate (cuter) container, layer the following:
 - 1 10-ounce jar large green pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives
 - 4 fresh oregano sprigs
 - 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
 - Juice 2 whole lemons (slice third and add to container)
 - 10 whole black peppercorns
 - 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

 - add as much of the original olive juice that you can fit in the jar
3. Let this marinate over night and ENJOY the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment