1.11.2012

Lemon Rosemary Vinaigrette





Last night, Beau and I finally made it out to the store for one of our biggest grocery runs to date. We were out of everything, and while I do love eating out for every meal, it gets to be a little too expensive. We got all the usuals: chicken, turkey, cheeses, bread, milk, coffee, fruits, veggies, wine, etc., etc. Since my rosemary bush is temporarily out of commission because of the cold weather, I also had to pick some up that comes in the pack...which ended up being the inspiration for our meal.

I wanted to bake lightly seasoned chicken breasts to serve with a crisp salad...obviously enjoyed with a few glasses of Chardonnay. I didn't see any dressing I was dying for in the grocery, so I decided to use the rosemary I bought and create my own dressing! This is not my own recipe - I totally found it online, but (as usual) I had to alter it a little to make it my own. See below:

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, peeled
3 sprigs rosemary, stems removed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese


Add all ingredients to a food processor and let it do all the work, and that's it! You're ready to serve over a bed of mixed greens with finely sliced red onion, and diced cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment