1.06.2012

Kathy, Corn Dogs, and Tacos






Last night, Beau and I drove down to New Orleans to go see Kathy Griffin live!! For those who don't know, she's an Emmy award winning comedian who primarily jokes about celebrities...and her alcoholic mother. She is hilarious (I suggest you YouTube her if you've never heard of her). Beau bought these tickets a while back for a Christmas present for me - how lucky am I?

So, yesterday I left work a few hours early, picked Beau up from the house, warmed up some corn dogs (yes, you read that correctly), and we got in Baton Rouge traffic en route to NOLA! Since we left early enough, we met up with our friend, David, and had a snack at The Rum House - this really cool little place on Magazine St. If you're in the New Orleans area and haven't tried this place, I highly suggest you do. One part of the menu are just tacos, where you can mix and match all different kinds for ~$3 per taco. Since I was full from the corn dogs, I only had two, but I will be back for more!

Afterward, we met up with my good friend, Joe to watch Kathy! She did not let us down - we all had tears from laughter. All in all, it was one of the best Christmas presents ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment