8.02.2011

Let it Rain

If you live in the city, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that it has literally rained every single day in Baton Rouge for a good while now. You can usually expect afternoon showers during Louisiana summers, but it has been POURING! Part of me feels like I shouldn't be complaining because I haven't had to water my plants in two weeks (or more), but at some point, enough is enough!

I cannot cut my grass because water is collecting everywhere, mud is constantly dragged into the house, and it's impossible to leave the danes out to run in the backyard (don't feel bad - they get their exercise!). But OMG, having two big dogs that need to go to the bathroom at LEAST three times a day means a LOT of feet wiping! (Our floors show dirt very easily) In fact, that's 168 paws we have to wipe every single week. Jealous? The ONE good thing that I can get out of this (other than the fact that I don't have to work to have pretty plants) is that with the rain comes cooler temperatures. Obviously in Louisiana, "cooler" means 90 degrees and humid...better than 102 degrees...and humid!

You know what I need?! I NEED to be home on the sofa with the danes in my snuggie watching Project Runway reruns. Doesn't that sound like heaven?!

No comments:

Post a Comment